Promimpresa is a partner of the Erasmus Plus project IMPACK – “Training in Innovative and Sustainable Packaging Design – Embracing the impact of COVID-19 in e-commercTraining in Innovative and Sustainable Packaging Design – Embracing the impact of COVID-19 in e-commercee”. The project has a duration of 24 months, starting in November 2021 and ending in November 2024.
Together with the project coordinator Scuola Di Robotica (Italy) and partners Ekvasis (Germany) Hearthands Solutions Limited (Cyprus), Asserted Knowledge (Greece), Politeknika Ikastegia Txorierri (Spain), Promimpresa is pursuing the goal to support all the actors of the Packaging Industry chain to keep up with new market trends emerged in light of the Covid-19 pandemic.
The project aims to promote engaging and interactive training for Packaging Industry, by bringing forefront the need for an upskilling VET training programme, that will promote education in new areas of innovation, personalisation and sustainability in Packaging through interactive educational resources.
- Raising awareness on new ways of supporting and promoting certain approaches and practices to create a true culture of innovation in packaging design.
- Developing an effective training programme which integrates principles of sustainable design, innovative custom-made techniques, design for e-commerce, ship-ready design and direct-to-consumer models.
- Delivering the training programme through the deployment of an Learning Motivation Environment (LME) supporting social and peer learning, an interactive multimedia curriculum and a dynamic demonstrator, that will deliver an engaging and lasting educational experience.
- Creating a community of practice for VET providers, though a virtual academy, which promotes collaboration, exchange of good practices and ensures continuity and further development of project outcomes.
- Direct: Packaging Industry, namely traditional packaging manufacturers, employees in packaging and printing, packaging suppliers and converters, graphic designers, VET providers/organisations
- Indirect: E-commerce brands, customers, policy makers, retailers, environmental NGO’s.
The project sets out to produce n°2 main Results
The training programme will integrate the principles of sustainable design, innovative custom-made techniques, design for e-commerce, ship-ready design and direct-to-consumer model (personalisation). An online Learning Motivation Environment will be created to facilitate the delivery of the IMPACK training program.
The Dynamic Demonstrator will deliver an engaging and lasting educational experience, which will demonstrate to participants in visual and effective ways real business use-cases and scenarios.
- Open Badges: participants that have completed the training will receive a Completion Badge for the recognition of knowledge and skills they achieved.
- An IMPACK Network will be created to serve as a dedicated online space providing live support to practitioners, and to promote collaboration, exchange of good practices ensuring continuity and further development of project outcomes.
- National Multiplier Events will raise awareness on new innovative ways to support Packaging Industries incorporate personalised and sustainable approaches and practices to create a true culture of innovation management in packaging design.